Skip to Content

Income Confirmation Scheme

The Income Confirmation Scheme (ICS) allows FACS Housing clients who receive a Centrelink income to provide consent to have their income details sent to FACS Housing electronically.

How do clients join the scheme?

Simply fill out the Income Confirmation Scheme consent authority form, available online or from any local FACS Housing office, complete it and return it to your local FACS Housing office.

If you are a tenant of FACS Housing you can provide authority by completing a Tenancy Online Form.

What information does Centrelink send to FACS Housing?

Centrelink will provide us with:

  • the type of Centrelink payment(s) you receive
  • other income you receive including: maintenance, overseas pension,wages (casual or part time), investment income, property or other payments
  • the date your payment(s) started
  • the amount you receive for each payment
  • whether you are receiving the maximum payment
  • any deductions made from your payment.

Is my privacy protected?

Yes. FACS Housing has a legal obligation to ensure your personal information is protected. The ICS information provided by Centrelink will be stored securely and confidentially. Only FACS Housing staff will see your income information.

Can I stop the Information Confirmation Scheme?

Yes. The ICS is voluntary and you can withdraw from the scheme at any time. You will need to contact your local FACS Housing office and ask to withdraw from the scheme. You can do this either in writing or in person at the local office.

If you withdraw from ICS, you will need to supply FACS Housing with a Centrelink Income Statement each time we need to verify your income details. This means you will need to go to your Centrelink office, request the Statement, and then take the Statement to your local FACS Housing office. This can be a very time-consuming activity for you. Please think carefully before you withdraw from the scheme.

Was this content useful?
Last updated: 24 Sep 2019