Changing, renewing or ending a tenancy
Understand how your tenancy with DCJ can be changed, renewed or ended
DCJ Housing's choice
This section briefly describes the circumstances in which DCJ Housing may relocate a public housing tenant.
From time to time DCJ Housing may require tenants to move from their home to another social housing property. The move could be because:
- The house is too big for the household
- The house has been modified for a person with a disability who no longer lives there
- The property is not owned by DCJ Housing and the lease with the private landlord has expired
- DCJ Housing intends to demolish the house and re-develop the site with more modern buildings, or
- DCJ Housing intends to sell the house.
When this happens we will re-house the tenant in a dwelling that meets their needs.
For more information about relocations, please see the Changing a Tenancy Policy.